Monday, October 13, 2014

Our Recent Escapades


Here are a few random pictures from our recent escapades.

A few Sabbaths ago we enjoyed visiting some beautiful waterfalls near the school. 
The next day a group of us went on a strenuous 1-hour-long hike up to a pagoda at the top of a mountain. I think it was the steepest trail I've been on - the Karen boys we went with led us straight up the side of the mountain. It was very enjoyable even though we were covered in sweat, mud, and rain water by the end. Needless to say, we slept very well that night. (To read more about our adventures you can read Raquel's blog - raquelariel.blogspot.com)

The spectacular view after our very strenuous hike up to a pagoda. It was worth the effort.

Me watching the girls slide down the rushing water slide

The kids love to have their picture taken.
K' Nyaw Paw enjoyed splashing us in this picture.

More posing girls

Here's two of my sweet eighth grader girls

 
Some of the girls and I went right underneath the base of the second waterfall we went to. 
It was amazing to watch the water cascading over the edge from below. The water coming down on us felt almost like a powerful massage. 

My mission partner and I in the mist of the waterfall 

The four happy water fighters. 
 Teachers can have fun too! :)

This was very refreshing!

Priceless expression 

Wet & dry at the same time

Another view at the top of the mountain
I loved the many different shades of green. 

I'm thankful for these girls!

No comments:

Post a Comment